Wednesday, December 14, 2016

How are your english class going?

Okay, no offense, but I’m going to be totally honest on this blog, so maybe you wouldn’t like to read this (especially if you are the teacher)…

Well, about my experience learning english at university, I can say that I couldn’t be happier that I just have to take one of the four levels, I think it’s really boring, and it’s really useless, I haven’t truly learned anything new, and my pronunciation that is my personal weakness haven’t improved even a bit.

About the blogs, some topics were fun to wrote about, but I don’t really think them were much help improving our redaction skills, because no one were telling us what was wrong about them, so maybe you can realize that when you read what you wrote on more time, but maybe you can’t, and then you can’t improve anything…

I know that I’m a mess pronouncing but I’m not as much as a mess when I'm writing, that’s because in high school when I was bored, I usually sing in on some websites to chat in english with people around the world. And I know there are some web sites where you can start a video call so maybe if I try to do that I would can get to improve my english pronunciation.

Outside the english class, I don’t really use english, because it’s not necessary, but sometimes I traduce parts of some songs, and from time to time I found myself thinking on english, but I had did that since I started the high school anyway.

I think that I don’t have anything else to say, about this class, so that’s all.
I’m really hoping not to have to take this class again next semester!

3 comments:

  1. i thought i was the only one thinking in english....WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you fail this semester you'll have to take English IV in the second semester of the next year... But you will pass anyways c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ma. Ignacia,
    I do appreciate your honesty and I´m sorry for having let you down. Yet, the blog sessions were an activity to ask for help when you were in trouble and share doubts with your classmates, and you never asked for it. Besides, looking over your shoulder is not well-appreciated and most students turn up their heads, staring at you for becoming an intruder in their post activity. The leading instructions for the blog and the teacher's post were supposed to motivate you to writing and doing it better. On the other hand, role playing in classrooms are expected to be fun and oral english skills should be better after doing so many exercises. Anyway, this term was shorter than usual because of the strikes.
    Thank you again for your honest comment.
    PS- The subject of this post was English language challenges...

    ReplyDelete